Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Yelp and more about me


Aripo's Venezuelan Arepa House  

4.0 star rating 3/12/2013

Aripo's is a taste of home in Chicago.
Born and raised in Venezuela I always appreciate a good arepa and, undoubtedly, Aripo's has the power, the gift, of transporting me to my mother's kitchen in every bite.


Their shredded beef is to die for, as are all of their empanadas. ALL of them. But, perhaps the dish that really reminds me of home the most is their fried plantain, "las tajadas," as we call them in Maracaibo, the city I was born in.
There are only two things I do not like about Aripo's--location (Oak Park), and atmosphere. Although the owners are very affable, I would appreciate if they played Venezuelan music instead of stereotypical "latin" music. 


Everything else is great...


If you are up to a gastronomic adventure, do not doubt to try Aripo's. It's food will take you through a flavor roller coaster!



Category: Latin American 

http://www.yelp.com/user_details?userid=CRlcpZXqkPDxA3w1nlcthw

Twitter: @ecastillejo

LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/pub/esther-daniela-castillejo/67/525/690

No comments:

Post a Comment